Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Freecycle Madness!

Every once in a while someone posts something on Freecycle that makes me laugh. Becky and I always joke around about the one woman that posted an ad that said "Wanted: Gift for husband"... that's all she wrote. Like she really didn't care what the gift was, just as long as she got one!

This gem was posted recently and made me laugh out loud:

***********************
----- Original Message -----
From: boxerluvr03
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 10:15 PM
Subject: Wanted: Jesus things


want Jesus things 45044
***********************

"Jesus things"? What kind of "Jesus things"?? Do people have random, unused "Jesus things" laying around the house? I wonder if some nice folks contacted this person to give them some "Jesus things"? I'm tempted to email them to find out!

This is one that someone sent this afternoon. It came over while I was at work. I nearly spit the mouthful of water I had out when I read it!

***********************
----- Original Message -----
From: loverboy3027
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 4:23 PM
Subject: offer: church puss


there are 7 or 8 of them thay are in good shape thay are 16 foot long

***********************

What the hell is a "church puss"?

At first I thought that someone was giving away a kitty that had been adopted by a local church but as I read the description the ad certainly wasn't for a stray cat... stray cats are usually not 16 feet long!

Did they mean church "pew"? How did they get "puss" confused with "pew"? Granted, the word "pew" is a funny word and quite honestly one of those words that you look at and question to yourself "is it really spelled that way?" One would think that if there was the slightest question there would be hesitation about posting it to a public forum for thousands to read.

Another point is that they can't spell "they" correctly. Why would I expect them to spell "pew" correctly? High expectations, I know!

Oddly enough this post was from a person named "loverboy3027". Hmmm. What's a person named "loverboy3027" doing with all those church pews?


Lastly was this post.I'm not even sure what to say about this...

***********************
----- Original Message -----
From: Jen
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:26 AM
Subject: Wanted: Used LapTop


I know this is a long shot... but my daughter (who is 2 1/2) wants to be like mommy and daddy and get on the computer at night.... we have toddler games for her but we don't want her to mess up our computers (2 year old can be rough)... can anyone help.

**********************
This email just conjures up a vision of family bonding time, doesn't it?

I think this was probably posted by the young woman that Justin and I saw walking out of Wal Mart a couple of nights ago when it was around 30 degrees outside. The woman was conveniently wearing a warm jacket but the baby in her arms was dressed as if it were Summer. Justin and I just looked at each other in disbelief.

Why is that 2 1/2 year old child playing on the computer at night when Mommy and Daddy are playing on theirs? Shouldn't that child be in bed?

Where's the hot Super Nanny, Jo, when we need her?

No comments: