Tuesday, August 01, 2006

We can't rewind we've gone too far...

MTV is 25?

I can't believe it's been 25 years. What the hell happened? Where is Martha Quinn? Is Martha on myspace? I wonder... So, I was living in Connecticut and we had just gotten cable. It was the first time we EVER had cable so that meant no more Star Trek torture from Dad. There were NEW channels... there were MORE than 3 channels to choose from! I remember MTV coming on. In those days it was hard to stay up past midnight. I think that was the summer of my 6th grade year... going into 7th. That day changed my life forever. What are these Buggles? What does it all mean? Give me more! For the next 20 years or so my father would say "Are you watching that communist channel again?" everytime he saw me watching MTV - which was a lot. It's a shame they don't play videos anymore. I would possibly consider getting cable if they did.

Anyway, I keep telling myself that I am just going to leave work, go home and vegetate and go to bed at a decent hour. It just never seems to happen for me. I actually did make it home today right after work and was doing some stuff around the house when Toni aka Mrs. Pokerbuzz called me and asked me for a hint on Charlies Second Cruel Cache. I told Toni where it should be and what kind of container it was in. She said they had looked everywhere to no avail.

My curiosity got the best of me so I told her to hang tight and that I would be there in 15 minutes to help look. When I pulled up Toni was in the van and Mr. Pokerbuzz (Frank) was on his hands and knees in the grass. We geocachers must look very odd to muggles at times! Frank showed me a patch of poison ivy. I had never seen it in real life so I was pretty intrigued, especially since I am still suffering from the remainder of my recent breakout. After about 5 mnutes of searching I tried to call Kat to find out if she could provide an additional clue. I was leaving a message when Frank said he found it. It was in a fake sprinkler system. Clever.

From there we decided to do a couple more caches in the area then we stood and talked for a good two hours. They seem to be really nice, down to earth people. Its nice to make caching connections. I also bitched to Frank about stealing MY bridge in Moraine. I told him that I kept saying I wanted to put a cache there every time I passed it. I even put that in the comments when I logged it he remembered and said Ha! That was you? Yeah, yeah Damn bridge stealer!!

Earlier today, when I got home from work, I was talking to Cricket on the phone and was checking my emails. I sent her the pic I put on my myspace profile today. She kept repeating that I was beautiful and started crying. I knew she was thinking of when we were together. She was trying to hide the fact that she was crying but I know her very well. I think that if my picture is enough to make her cry then that is a problem for her anyway. I started thinking about her situation and would I want to be in a long, drawn out very unhappy relationship where I was there solely because of the comfort and stability, or would I rather be involved in a short and tormented affair? Damn! Still dont know the answer to that one!

I told my Mom that I am probably moving back to S.C. and as soon as I said it I was like "ummmmm, what the hell am I thinking?" I know that she will drive me insane, but I keep thinking about the fact that she had to take a cab to Wal Mart because my loser sisters wouldn't return her phone calls. And it's not like it's Manhattan where you can hail a cab on a street. You have to call the cab company and then wait several hours for them to show up. Then you have to pay them and insane amount of money to drive you 3 miles. I think her Wal Mart excursion cost her over $20 in cab fare. Okay, have to stop talking about it... makes me insane thinking about her taking a cab to buy groceries when both sisters live down the street! Ugh!

So, this myspace thing is really weird. In the past week I have reconnected with several people that I havent seen in years. Thats a good thing. Its strange to see where life has taken people and to find out what they have been up to all these years. I heard someone liken decorating your myspace page to decorating your high school locker. You basically attempt to put all this stuff on your locker door to represent the person that you are. I think thats a pretty accurate statement.

One of the friends I have reconnected with, Rob, totally blew me away this week. He told me something that absolutely amazed me. First off, he finally joined myspace and found my profile. He left me this cryptic message in my inbox saying he was moving to Boston from Spartanburg, S.C. and to contact him. Of course I had to know why the hell he was moving to Boston so I called him. Ya know, I have a lot of friends and some of them have really cool jobs, but Rob well, I think his job absolutely rocks. Hes been the Principal at the S. C. School for the Blind but he has just accepted the position of Principal at the Perkins School For the Blind near Boston Helen Kellers Alma Mater! How freakin cool is that? The more I think about it the more excited I get for him. What an amazing opportunity! I am soooo proud of him! Yay Rob! (I cant wait to visit! You can meet my crazy family in Boston! Oh! And if you ever need protection in the city just remember that I have an Uncle Guido and an Uncle Buster I think that says it all knowwhatImsayin?)

No comments: