Friday, November 10, 2006

How to lose a viewer...

Last night I was on my computer with the television on in the background and I heard the start of a FOX newscast regarding the recent election. The report was about gay marriage in Massachusetts and how it has been successfully legal for two years and that it will probably stay that way.

During the report, FOX showed several clips of happy gay and lesbian couples tying the knot. Most of the couples would exchange a very happy, intimate and meaningful look and then go in for a kiss. At first I thought I was just imagining things but as I kept watching I realized that FOX showed the couples BEGIN to kiss but NEVER actually showed the meeting of the lips. I suppose that I would have never noticed it if had it been one couple, but it was a series of 7-10 couples all in rapid succession. I sat there in total disbelief.

Moments like this are so incredibly sobering.

No comments: