Sunday, February 28, 2010

Full Moon

What a lazy weekend!

I took Friday off because I was experiencing a lot of tenderness in my throat from the biopsy as well as a massive headache. I felt bad because we had plans that evening to go to Bowen's Island with some of Robin's friends and I just wasn't feeling up to it. I tried to get her to go without me, but she wouldn't budge. To be honest, I'm a little afraid to go to Bowen's Island... have you seen the pictures? Interesting! Supposedly they have fantastic seafood - the best around, but you know, even though I grew up on the coast I've never had a taste for it. I always have people telling me that I just haven't had it the right way, but believe me... I've tried!

This was Robin's weekend to work so we lounged around for most of it. She worked Friday and Saturday and had today off so we slept in and then did some caching. It's starting to get warmer and and warmer so the little critters will be starting to come out - especially the slithery kind! We need to do all the caches in the woods before Spring hits so we don't have any unexpected encounters!

I think I'm ready to start placing caches now and have been trying to think of some interesting and cool places to put them. I emailed Mayor Heitzler and told him a bit about geocaching and said that I hoped he could grant me permission to place some caches in some of the historical places in Goose Creek as well as a request for ideas he might have for cache locations. We'll see what he says!

On the way home tonight after caching Robin pointed out the moon. It was so huge and beautiful! We stopped home and grabbed my camera (I really need to keep it with me at all times!) and headed over to Bushy Park boat landing. The view was amazing!

"We are all in the gutter,
but some of us are looking at the stars."

~Oscar Wilde


Clytie said...

That close-up of the moon ... amazing! I hope you are feeling better soon, though. It's not fun to be feeling off. When do you find out the biopsy results??

Pamela said...

I'm supposed to find out today. I called the office yesterday and they said the Dr. was in surgery all day, but they did get the results in. If I don't hear from them by lunch I'm going to give them another call. I'll keep you posted!