Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

I woke up today feeling horrible. I called in to work with the intention of going to the doctor because being sick for three weeks can't be good. I tried calling the doctors office for two hours. I thought maybe they were closed on Tuesdays, which would be weird, but there was no answering service. I finally gave up and drove to the office. They had a waiting room full of patients so they were definitely open. I told the receptionist that I had called for hours and she said "Hmmm. That's strange!" Yes, I agree.. and it's also bad that a patient has to drive in the rain when they are not feeling well to make an appointment.

Anyway...

She gave me an appointment with my doctor for 2:45 today. In the meantime I did a couple things around the house and tried to keep warm. I saw that the phone message light was blinking and I scrolled through the caller ID and saw that it said that "US Capital (202)226-9928" called yesterday at 4:40pm. That was right after I made my phone calls to the Senators and Congressman!! I listened to the messages and one from Congressman Boehner's office. A girl named Erin telling me to call her back! I called immediately and asked for Erin. My throat was sore and it hurts to talk, but I knew this was a conversation I wanted to have!

When Erin got on the phone she asked for my information. I gave her my address, phone number, email address and the whole time all I wanted to do was ask if she had tickets! She said "How many tickets do you need?" and I said "Two" and she said "I can do that for you" and I said "What??" and followed up with "You have tickets??" and she said "Yes" and I said "And you're going to give me two??" and she laughed and said "Yes" and I actually started to cry! I have tried everything I know to get tickets to this thing!! She said that she would follow up with a confirmation email and I told her that she made my year!! I think she thought I was a bit nutty because I was so excited - sick and all!

For the next fifteen minutes I kept refreshing my email like someone with an OCD! I didn't want to tell anyone until I at least had some sort of confirmation in hand! I finally received it about 30 minutes later. Behold the glory!:

----- Original Message -----
From: Satzger, Erin
To: pam513@cinci.rr.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 1:12 PM
Subject: Inauguration 2009

Dear Pamela,
I am pleased to inform you that we were able to accommodate your ticket request to attend the inauguration of our nation's 44th President, Barack Obama on January 20th at noon.

Tickets to the Inauguration Ceremony will not be distributed to Congressional Offices prior to Monday, January 19th. Therefore, you must pick up your tickets in person from my Washington DC office on Monday, January 19th between 12pm and 5pm, or we will also be opening the office on Tuesday, January 20th at 7:00 am, Inauguration Day. Given expected crowds, I strongly encourage you to pick up your tickets at your earliest possible convenience. Please note, in order to receive your tickets you must present a valid photo ID.

The 8th Congressional District Washington office is located at 1011 Longworth, on the ground floor, next to the C and New Jersey Streets, SE, entrance to the Longworth House Office Building (Longworth). The office is easiest to reach using the DC Metro System (commuter subway), at the Capitol South stop on the blue/orange lines. If you enter through the main entrance of Longworth on Independence Avenue, once you pass security screening turn left and go down one flight of stairs. On the ground level, turn to the right and proceed to the end of the corridor. My office is the second to last one the left.

Additionally, information regarding inauguration security measures and ceremony entrances has been enclosed.

Should you for any reason be unable to make the trip to Washington, please contact our office as soon as possible so my office can redistribute your tickets to constituents on a waiting list. I encourage you to keep up with Inaugural Day updates by using the official committee's website at http://inaugural.senate.gov/. If you have any further questions or problems, please contact Erin Satzger in my Washington, D.C., office at (202) 225-6205. Sincerely,John A. Boehner Erin M. SatzgerStaff AssistantRepresentative John Boehner (OH-08)(202) 225-6205

Now I'm just praying for no snow or bad weather that week!!!

No comments: