Thursday, July 13, 2006

GhettoFabulous

I enjoy living alone. Strange how one forgets these things in such a short time. I like silence... not that there's much of that on Xenia Avenue with Brian's non-stop barking dogs and the barrio next door. BUT, I can hear the birds chirp amidst the sounds of the passing cars so I know that nature is not that far away... AND if there's a mess, it's my mess AND I can walk around naked if I want! Perhaps I should get some mini blinds for the windows in the dining room and living room? Ah, well.... they shouldn't be looking in my house anyway!

What I should be doing instead of blogging is gathering my camping gear! Why do I always wait until the last minute to pack and shove everything (even things I don't need) in my car? I am looking forward to the escape from life's drama. My skin needs sun and my mind needs the fresh air desperately. I am feeling optimistic. Must have been the mention of doors opening and closing to get me thinking in the right direction :)

In other news, I am the proud owner of a brand spankin' new microwave. I suppose that I can now stop cooking my pre-cooked bacon in my hot pot, which is really meant for water! Thanks Mya, Cleo and Aflac!

(And yes, Sharon... they still make regular popcorn that you have to cook on the stove! I saw it at Wal Mart tonight and thought of you!)

No comments: