Monday, July 17, 2006

Princess with a Powertool

Ya know, I never claimed to be a butch and most people would laugh that I would even remotely think of myself as butch (which I don't.) I mean, I can change a tire, change a headlight or taillight and do most of the necessary evils that a single person has to do to make it though life, even though I get absolutely no pleasure from doing these things myself most of the time.

Today I decided I was going to conquer the constantly looming task of putting up mini-blinds for a couple of reasons. FIrst, I have a tendency to walk around my apartment half-clothed and the way I look at it is that if the neighbors are looking in, then that is their problem. No one told them to peer through my windows... right? I don't really care about what the neighbors think. Second, my apartment gets so freakin' hot and I kept thinking that if I put some damn blinds up it would be a more pleasing temperature throughout the day.

So....

I had to go to the Dyke Depot to exchange the blinds that Brian got since they were the wrong size. They sat in my trunk for a day or two. I thought of taking my new friend up on her offer to install them for me (since she is the Dyke Depot expert, and all!) but thought that might be a bit much since we are just getting to know each other (and who knows when I might really need her expertise/handywoman talents!) I decided to suck it up and put the damn things up myself... and I am not a fan of mini-blind installation!

I bought a powertool.

Mind you, it's not really a major powertool. It's just an electric screwdriver, but it does come with all sorts of little attachments for the screwdriver head to fit all types of screws. Call me a Princess all you want because I must say that I was pretty damn butch putting these things up... all 7 or them! you should have seen me go!

Sorry neighbors, had to do it!

No comments: