Thursday, July 06, 2006

Weird Things In Ohio

Being (sort of) from South Carolina I am used to weird things and strange people. This week I saw a couple of unexplainable things in Ohio that made me think South Carolina isn't so backward after all!

First, while geocaching in Piqua, I saw an old 1970's-style van with an AC installed in the back window. It was parked along the side of the street. I was driving so I didn't really get a good look. Days later I still wonder where the AC unit plugs in and if they drive this thing or live in it? I will be in Piqua this weekend so if I see it again I will be sure to take a picture. What was I thinking by not taking a picture of such a thing?

The following day, speaking of air conditioners, I had to shop for one because the one in my apartment went out. A friend suggested I got to Big Lots to see if they had any cheap one. When I got out of my car I heard a bunch of noise and wasn't quite sure what was happening. Well, up on the sidewalk, in front of the store, they had a table set up. On the table was a karaoke machine. On the front of the table was a sign that read "Sing a song and get a gift!" Behind the table were two scary Big Lots employees... one was singing "Wild Thing"

I don't frequent Big Lots often and now I know why.
Needless to say, I didn't get a gift.

No comments: