Saturday, July 07, 2007

Soldering Blues

In case you were wondering... yes! It is hard being a future fabulous jewelry designer!

I regularly read the LiveJournal blog of this girl that lives in Texas. I think I found her after she posted a mix on Art of the Mix - one of my favorite websites. The other day she posted a blog about this piece of jewelry that she bought on my current favorite website Etsy. I have seen this type of jewelry before but I suppose I just never paid attention. After looking endlessly online at all of the pendants that the designers made, I thought to myself that I could do that just as well as they could! I soon became obsessed with the idea of creating my own wonderful masterpieces!


Today, after work, I went to find the supplies that I needed to make my lovely little pieces of art. I bought a tutorial from one of the jewelry makers on Etsy which is very detailed and informative. I started out at Home Depot and left empty handed. I couldn't find anything that I needed with the exception of the lead free soldering wire. From there I went to Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Wal-mart, Lowe's Sears and Radio Shack. Not one of those bastards had my supplies! I actually went to the mall... that's how bad it was! Apparently no one in Dayton carries a 100 watt soldering iron and gel flux!

So... what's a girl to do? I now have to order my supplies online instead of having what pleases me most = instant gratification!

I have said it before and I will say it again...


In other news... for those of you that have asked (and don't act like you didn't!) my sidewalk soap is no more :( It finally disappeared about two weeks ago. I came home from work one day and it was just gone. It was there that morning and then vanished into thin air. I am thinking that the guy who mows my lawn threw it away. He's quite handy with getting rid of all the trash that mysteriously ends up in my yard and no one else's! He probably wasn't aware that the soap was beloved by so many people! I was sad to see it go. The only thing that is left is the small spot of sidewalk with soapy residue on Xenia Avenue.

sigh.

No comments: