Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wonder-Dog!

This week has been so exhausting. I wake up each morning feeling horrible and completely exhausted. I come home each day and try not to nap, but end up doing so anyway and then I don't sleep well at night. I worry about money and the huge hospital bills I'm starting to receive. I worry about getting my short term disability payments straightened out. I'm just so tired.

Today I managed to avoid a nap, which is good. Tonight I have the intention of going to bed at 11pm. I HAVE TO get "normal" again. I want to have energy again!

Enough of the Debbie Downer talk!

Tonight I decided today to post something positive and fun!

Check out Lucas, the wonder-dog chasing his baby across the back yard!

His recovery is nothing short of miraculous!

2 comments:

Clytie said...

You are right - a true miracle dog! I love seeing him in action so soon after his illness!

I sincerely hope you will regain your momentum soon. After my stroke, my world took on that same tired all the time surreal quality that made it hard to return to everyday life.

And the bills. Yes, those can be intimidating as well. I have been paying off one per month since January, and have already been sent in to Collections on one of the accounts I hadn't gotten to yet. Oh well, we can only do what we can afford to do.

So just keep on pluckin' on, my friend. Pay off what you can, even if it's just a little tiny bit per month. My sister had some huge hospital bills, and paid like $20 a month for a year. All of the sudden, the hospital reviewed her account and forgave the rest. It was an amazing amount. Just closed the account! So you never know!

Pamela said...

I do medical billing for a living so I'll let you in on a little secret. If you write a REALLY nice letter to the hospital called a "letter of hardship" stating what your monthly income is and what your monthly bills/expenses are and that you are barely making ends meet each month, most hospitals will give you a HUGE discount or forgive the bill altogether. Most doctors will do the same, or follow the decision of what the hospital does regarding your debt.

I have seen this done over and over again. We do it for our patients all the time.

A friend of mine was hospitalized last year for several months and I told her to do this after she got her ginormous bills and they forgave everything. She was stunned.

Yeah, I am definitely going this route! You still might be able to do this with the outstanding bills that you have. They might look at the payments you have made as a "good faith effort" and forgive the balance.

It's worth a try anyway! Good luck to both of us! :)